Jurassic World has marched its way to a staggering $1 billion in the global box office faster than any other film in movie history.
The previous record was held by Furious 7, breaking the $1 billion milestone in just 17 days. Jurassic World has stomped it’s dino-sized feet all over that record, taking $1 billion in just 13 days.
This is the third film this year to break the billion-dollar ceiling, following of course, Furious 7 and Marvel’s The Avenger’s: Age of Ultron.
After breaking the record for the highest ever opening weekend with a lazy $155 million worldwide, Jurassic World then became only the second film in history to cross the $100 million mark over two weekends, the other being Marvel’s The Avengers.
The illustrious billion-dollar list is growing steadily joining the box office heavyweights that cast their money-filled shadows over all of Hollywood. Here is the updated list of the billion dollar box office elite:
1. Avatar $2.78 billion
2. Titanic $2.18 billion
3. The Avengers $1.51 billion
4. Furious 7 $1.51 billion
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron $1.38 billion
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 $1.34 billion
7. Frozen $1.27 billion
8. Iron Man 3 $1.21 billion
9. Transformers: Dark of the Moon $1.12 billion
10. Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King $1.1 billion
11. Skyfall $1.1 billion
12. Transformers: Age of Extinction $1.1 billion
13. Jurassic World $1.1 billion
14. The Dark Knight Rises $1 billion
15. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest $1 billion
16. Toy Story 3 $1 billion
17. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides $1 billion
18. Jurassic Park $1 billion
19. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace $1 billion
20. Alice in Wonderland $1 billion
21. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey $1 billion
22. The Dark Knight $1 billion